Gregory S. Spradlin, Ph.D.
Department of Mathematics
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
600 S. Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900
1995 University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin
Ph.D. in Mathematics
1988 Siena College, Loudonville, New York
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- August 2014-present Professor, Department of Mathematics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Florida
- August 2006-August 2014Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Florida
- 2000-August 2006 Assistant Professor, Department of Computing and Mathematics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Florida
- 1998-2000 Davies Fellow, National Research Council Research Associateship Program, Department of Mathematics, United States Military Academy, West Point, New York / Army Research Lab, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland.
- 1995-1998 Visiting Research Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, University of California-Davis.
PUBLICATIONS (all files in PDF format):
- Not All Traces on the Circle Come from Functions of Least Gradient in the Disk, with Alexandru Tamasan, to appear in the Indiana University Mathematics Journal.
- Effect of Variable Dose Rate on Biologically Effective Dose, with Vadim Kuperman, International Journal of Radiation Biology, November 2013, vol. 89, issue 11, pp. 889-897.
- Weierstrass Traveling Wave Solutions for Dissipative Benjamin, Bona, and Mahony (BBM) Equation, with Strfan Mancas and Harihar Kanal, Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 54, 2013, pp. 081502(1-15).
- Use of Radiation Protraction to Escalate Biologically Equivalent Dose to the Treatment Target, with Vadim Kuperman, Medical Physics, vol. 38, 2011.
- A Non-autonomous Second Order Boundary Value Problem on the Half-Line, Nonlinear Ordinary Differential Equations and Applications, published online April 9, 2010.
- Heteroclinic Solutions to an Asymptotically Autonomous Second Order Equation, Electronic Journal of Differential Equations, Vol. 2010(2010), No. 137, pp. 1–14.
- On Osgood's criterion for classical wave equations and nonlinear shallow water wave equations (with Tim Smith), Int. Journal of Math. Analysis, Vol. 4, 2010, no. 20, 967 - 974.
- Traveling Waves for the BBM Equation with Viscosity Term, Advances and Applications in Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 5 (2009), No. 1, pp. 101-106
- Lanchester's Equations in Three Dimensions (with Christina Spradlin), Computers and Mathematics with Applications, Vol. 53 (2007) No.7, pp. 999-1011.
- Scattered Homoclinics to a class of time-recurrent Hamiltonian systems, ESAIM- Control, Optimisation and Calculus of Variations, Vol. 13 (2007) No. 3, pp. 528-537. The original publication is available at www.edpsciences.org/cocv.
- An Elliptic Equation with no Monotonicity Condition on the Nonlinearity, ESAIM- Control, Optimisation and Calculus of Variations, Vol. 12 (2006) No. 4, pp. 768-794. The original publication is available at www.edpsciences.org/cocv.
- Interacting Near-Solutions to a Hamiltonian System, Calculus of Variations and Partial Differential Equations, Vol. 22 pp. 447-465 (2005)
- Existence of solutions to a Hamiltonian system without convexity condition on the nonlinearity, Electron. J. Diff. Eqns., Vol. 2004(2004), No. 21, pp. 1-13.
- Interfering solutions of a nonhomogeneous Hamiltonian system, Electronic Journal of Differential Equations Vol. 2001(2001), No. 47, pp. 1-10.
- An elliptic equation with spike solutions concentrating at local minima of the Laplacian of the potential, Electronic Journal of Differential Equations Vol. 2000(2000), No. 32, pp. 1-14.
- An Elliptic Partial Differential Equation with a Symmetrical Almost Periodic Term, Calculus of Variations and Partial Differential Equations 9, pp. 233-247 (1999).
- A Singularly Perturbed Elliptic Partial Differential Equation with an Almost Periodic Term, Calculus of Variations and Partial Differential Equations 9, pp. 207-232 (1999).
- A Perturbation of a Periodic Hamiltonian System, Nonlinear Analysis, Theory, Methods, & Applications, 38 (8) (1999) pp. 1003-1022
- A Hamiltonian System with an Even Term, Topological Methods in Nonlinear Analysis, 10.1, 1997, pp. 93-106.
- An Almost Periodic Function of Several Variables with no Local Minimum, Rendiconti dell’Instituto di Matematica dell’Universia di Trieste, 28 (1996), no. 1-2, pp. 371-381.